July 22, 2011

Introducing...

By this time tomorrow, Ally will be home!  And I can't wait to see her, to know that she is ok and then to hear all about how much fun I just know that she has had this week.  I am sure that this week has been such a good experience for her.  She is usually the one member of her class that has to do things differently, but this week all of the kids were stopping activity to check blood sugars right along with her.

One of the really good things that has come out of this week of diabetes camp for me, is that I have met several new D Mama friends.  We have been texting and messaging on facebook all week, helping to keep each other strong.  If any of us heard a tidbit of information from the inside, we shared it with the others.  It has been very helpful to feel connected to these other families who are missing their girls as much as we are missing Ally here.  I look forward to getting to know them all better.  Several of them live within the general area that we do, so I hope to be able to get the girls together again in the near future.

And now, let me introduce you to two of my new D Mama friends.  They have both started their own blogging adventure this week.  What else is a Mama to do when her girl is at camp for a week?

Michele has started writing about their type 1 journey with her sweet 8 year old daughter who was diagnosed just over a year ago.  She is now taking up residency at Sweet and Sassy and our Diabetic Courage

Denise is beginning a new blogging adventure at Life...as we know it.  Blogging is not the only new adventure that she is taking on.  She and her beautiful family have just moved to a new state.  That means new home, new schools and new doctors.  I look forward to hearing about all of her new adventures!

Make sure to stop by and say hello to these brave ladies and thank them for sharing their stories with us.

Five down.  One to go!!!!!
(I bet you are cheering with me.  Is it because you are excited that she is coming home too...or are you just sick of hearing about diabetes camp?)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Misty. I am thrilled to meet other D mamas and families. In GA I never connected with anyone so it's been a long 4 months since diagnosis. I can't wait to meet more families who just "get it" and educating others about Diabetes.

    Thank you,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Misty this is great. I am also excited to meet and talk to all the other mama D's as well. Just knowing I can come here and talk and everyone knows how I feel. I am so excited to get this play group going for the girls and us moms so we can talk and let the girls play! I can not wait to hear Allys stories from camp. Mine did not have much to say about it, she did not have a good time there. I feel as if it very traumatic experince for her. I wish it was not that way I wanted to go and have fun with other kids just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go check them out and say hi, thanks Misty! And I hope Ally had a great time!! : ) hugs!
    Ps-aren't you in Ohio?? We are headed that way, and we're planning to meet Hallie about 3:30 in North Dayton I think! Just for ice cream or something! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Dmamas and yay for your baby almost being home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah for d camp going so well. Can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses from...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...