November 26, 2010

Blogger Basal

Thanksgiving Poem "Be Thankful" - Author Unknown

 Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

Blogging members of the DOC (Diabetes Online Community) have been busy this month! November is diabetes awareness month and so many wonderful posts were written filled with facts about diabetes. Several people participated in the NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) during this diabetes awareness month. For sure, you will find nothing short of "AWESOMENESS" when you read around the DOC this month! Thank you all for your contributions!

This week, in my post Thankful Today and Everyday, I wrote about many things that I am thankful for.  But most of all, I am so thankful that I am not alone in this.... 


Thank you Deanna for reminding me to be grateful for life's surprises because you never know when they will turn out to be our biggest blessings!

Thank you Heather for helping others to understand about the things that you only "know" if you are a family living with type 1 diabetes.

Heidi  is Thankful for her mommy intuition!

Thank you Amy for sharing the Good News.  Actually her 8 year old daughter has something very profound to share...

Thank you Reyna   for reminding me that diabetes is unfair at times and sometimes we have to work harder for our little people with diabetes to reap the rewards of life.

Thank you Nicole for teaching me that "When the whole world keeps on spinning, even when yours has come to a complete stop, it is time to build your own Merry Go Round!"

Thank you Jill for validating my own feelings that diabetes has robbed my daughter!

Lora is Thankful for her "stupid, non loading, droiding over and over, email at 12:58 in the morning."  Really, she is thankful...pop over to My Diabetic Child to see why.

Thank you Wendy for reaching out to Today's 40 and offering them the same comfort that you once offered me...the comfort of knowing that we're in this together.

Thank you Leighann for your insight..."I feel like the more of the burden I can bear, the less she has to."

Thank you Tracy for reminding us that even though diabetes is ALL consuming, it is NOT our life, just a HUGE part of it.

Laura is Thankful that D cooperated for their family's first trip with D.

Thank you Joanne for sharing the challenges you face while striving to meet the needs of your sweet baby boy and, at the same time, the immediate D needs of your daughter.

Thank you Kristi  for pointing out that as our children become independent with their D care, it doesn't necessarily make things "easier".

Thank you Meal Mommy  for your honest post about the fear of losing control and being vulnerable.

Jen  shares 6 very important things she wants us to know about D.  In the end, she is Thankful for strength, courage, humility and feeling a deeper love and appreciation for family, loved ones and life.

Thank you Donna for putting D in its place and letting him know that if he chooses to take up residency inside your little guy, then he will have to play by your rules!

Thank you Meri for providing us with the challenge of figuring out your son's lunch bolus. 

Heidi is Thankful for her daughter's successs...She did her very first site change on her own.

Thank you Denise for sharing your 2 year D-Anniversary with us!

Thank you Hallie for reminding me that the kiddos with D are the brave ones that go through so much..its not about me!  And thank you Sweetpea for reminding me that some days are just dumb!

I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to host this month's Blogger Basal....I have reconnected with some old friends and I have met some new members of the DOC whom I look forward to getting to know better.  I am so thankful for all of you!!


If you would like to be part of a future Blogger Basal, check out the calendar at Candy Hearts.  December's Blogger Basal will be hosted by Laura at Houston We Have a Problem.  All DOC Bloggers are welcome!  Submissions are due by December 16.
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Lovin the header!!
    Great Job Misty, it sounds like there is a whole lot to be thankful for this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT Blogger Basal, my friend!!!

    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific Blogger Basal Misty! I am thankful for your wonderful blog, your friendship, and your post bringing us all together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job with the blogger basal :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! We have so very much to be thankful for!! Thanks for doing this months edition! I am so very thankful for you and your girls!
    (I love the new header, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I love to read these!
    Oh - and it looks like I'm in charge of December! Hmmm - good to know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! I know a lot of love and care went into it...and I know there was a ton of reading to prepare! Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well-done, Misty! I love the Thanksgiving theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And thank YOU for a wonderful post round up! So many great posts to read from this month's blogger basal.

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses from...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...