November 24, 2010

Being Thankful...Today and Everyday








It is easy to take important things in our lives for granted. 

Today I remind myself of these things that I am so thankful for...life...love...health...family...friends...employment...music...seasons...family gatherings...laughter...holidays...my children...acceptance...food on the table...warm showers...good conversations...sunrises...sunsets...rainbows...hugs...freedom...and our military for providing us with that...forgiveness...rainbows...hugs...chocolate!

Ally is thankful for her insulin pump.  Jessi is thankful for Turkey.  That says everything! 

A week or so ago Ally told me that her class was studying about Long Ago.  The students were asked about what technology in their life they couldn't live without.  Their answers included computers, phones, video games.  She was shocked that no one said insulin pump.  She told me, "I was raising my hand but didn't get to share my answer.  I can't believe that nobody else thought of that!  Well, I guess I can...THEY don't have diabetes."

After Ally's diabetes diagnosis, I am thankful for even more things....health insurance...family that take care of Ally so that we can get away (thanks Mom!!)...technology...good wine...blogs...encouragement...research...school nurses...change...hope...knowledge...good doctors...faith...and yes, for insulin pumps!!

Wishing you all a very blessed Thanksgiving!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I can't wait to see you in a little over a week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Ally's answer really gets me. We sure are thankful aren't we? Even if the rest don't think of it... I think we're thankful enough for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to be thankful for... love your list!

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses from...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...