May 13, 2011

Awesome things

DBlogWeek2011Banner



Awesome things:  In February the #dsma blog carnival challenged us to write about the most awesome thing we’d done DESPITE diabetes. Today let’s put a twist on that topic and focus on the good things diabetes has brought us. What awesome thing have you (or your child) done BECAUSE of diabetes? After all life with diabetes isn’t all bad!


The most awesome thing that has happened to Ally, and our whole family, because of diabetes is the level of appreciation that we have for one another.  We are much more aware of things that, at one time, we may have taken for granted.


In January, I posted about Ally's two sweet sisters.  This excerpt is my all-time favorite conversation between the girls.


Jessi:  "You know Ally, I would do ANYTHING to make your diabetes go away."

Ally:  "Aww...that's nice of you."

Jessi:  "I would even rip my whole arm off if your diabetes would go away."

Ally: "I WOULDN'T LET YOU! I'd rather keep my diabetes than have your arm ripped off!"

Jessi:  "Aww...that's so nice of you."



Visit Bitter~Sweet to see all of the posts on this topic today! And don't forget to check back tomorrow for "Saturday Snapshots".

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. HA!!! Dear LORD no arm ripping off!!! YOU and YOUR FAMILY = AWESOMENESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny little conversation, but SO AWESOME in the love and support it reflects between those daughters and your family! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are journaling these conversations, because as sweet as they are and you tell yourself that you will never forget the, unfortunately, you do. You do such an amazing job at capturing all of your family's beautiful moments- cheers to you, Misty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope my girls get to that point!! Sure, they have there moments, no make that seconds!, of loving interactions, but most of the time it sounds like they are on the verge of killing each other!
    So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is truly AWESOME! Love all the photos of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the perfect combination of funny and sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those photos of your awesome family. And that sweet conversation - so stinkin sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet conversation :) Sibling love like that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how kids think! too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls crack me up... That conversation was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cuties! And I love the sisterly love!

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses from...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...