May 17, 2012

The Magic Belt


Fantasy Diabetes Device- DBlog Week - Day 4

Today let’s tackle an idea inspired by Bennet of Your Diabetes May Vary. Tell us what your Fantasy Diabetes Device would be? Think of your dream blood glucose checker, delivery system for insulin or other meds, magic carb counter, etc etc etc. The sky is the limit – what would you love to see?

Click here for the Fantasy Diabetes Device - Thursday 5/17 Link List.

As the caregiver of a young person with diabetes, I could fantasize all day long about diabetes devices that would make Ally's life easier.  But this was too much fun for Ally to dream about, so I let her take the Diabetes Blog Week prompt for today.


My Fantasy Diabetes Device
by Ally, age 9


My Fantasy Diabetes Device would be like a magic wand, but its a belt instead.  It would have different buttons on it and when I push a specific button, it would do whatever I want it to do.  You know, like "Give Me Insulin" button.  All I would have to do is hold my finger on the "Check My Sugar" button and it would read my blood sugar - without even pricking my finger!  Of course, I'd still have to have a site for the insulin to get into my body, but it would be smaller and have no tubing.  It would be small enough to cover with a band aid.  And , I wouldn't even need to take it off...NO SITE CHANGES!!  Oh, you know those iPhones that talk to you?  It would have that too.  I could just push the "MIC" button and speak into it and say what it needs to do.  Like, "What's my sugar?"  and it would tell me.  I wouldn't even need to go down to the nurse!  Except there would have to be a special charger for it...that may be the hard part!

(So in summary, she would like to morph me, the school nurse, her pump and blood glucose meter - oh yeah, and Siri - all into a magic belt.  Cool!)



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awww!!!! I love this!!! Sweet Ally, I hope one day all your dreams come true -- and your diabetes belt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her imagination! I want one of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. I wish her belt would be reality for all of our d-kids! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hugs and Kisses from...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...