At each of our visits to the endocrinologist we are asked to set a goal. Most times I feel like my goal is the same...to keep Ally safe and healthy. But they want specifics. So this time we set a goal of getting Ally involved in meal planning and carbohydrate counting - in an age appropriate way. I actually am pleased with this goal because it has forced me to take a look at something that I've been wanting to focus on for a long time. Nutrition. I believe that it is important for all of us to eat a healthy, balanced diet. I try to plan healthy meals for our family, but I feel like I have so much to learn in this area. And when you throw diabetes in the mix, I have even more to learn. Glycemic index, high fat, low fat, no carb, low carb, simple sugars, complex carbs...it all matters. And it matters what combinations of these you have as well. I will share my new found knowledge with you as I'm learning.
But not today! Today is a SUGAR BOLUS!!! That's right...One of the following prizes could be yours if...(your comment is randomly chosen by Random.org!)
The DOC gives so much to me! I would like to take this opportunity to give back. These prizes were chosen with my goal of better nutrition in mind. Isn't it easier to be in the kitchen when you make it fun?
The 1st prize is Nicole Johnson's Diabetes Recipe Makeover cookbook. I purchased one of these for myself at a local bookstore and had a BOGO coupon, so guess who gets the free one!!
I have made several of the recipes in this cookbook and I really like it. I especially like that she took common recipes and transformed them into something a little healthier.
The recipes are easy to follow and of course each recipe includes nutrition facts. The cookbook also has pictures of each recipe. I don't know about you, but I am much more inclined to make something when I see a picture of it!
Prize #2 is an apron and matching towel that I came across at the grocery store. The vibrant colors caught my eye. Loved the saying too! Live in the Moment.
And Prize #3 is for the kid in all of us! This piggy timer and silicone spatula are bound to make cooking more fun!
Three prize packages designed to encourage your inner "nutritionist".
Three lucky winners!
Now all you have to do is enter. Here are the Sugar Bolus rules:
● Leave me a comment before midnight on Thursday, April 14. Please include your first name. Comments left without a name will be eliminated.
● To earn extra entries (post a separate comment for each):
● Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter. Then, leave me an additional comment.
● Share a link to this contest on Facebook. Then, leave me an additional comment to let me know.
● Blog about this contest. Then, leave me an additional comment containing a link to your blog.
● No duplicate comments are allowed. Duplicate comments will be eliminated.
● Winners will be selected via random draw at http://www.random.org/.
● Winners' names will be posted here on this blog on Friday, April 15.
● After winners' names are posted, winners will have 48 hours to send a message to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I do not hear from a winner within 48 hours, I will select a new winner.
Good Luck and Happy, Healthy Cooking!